With Crystal Russell now on board as Lifesource’s staff Registered Massage Therapist (RMT), we are now the one-stop shop for health-care and wellness. In addition to high-quality exercise therapy, physiotherapy, athletic therapy and nutritional counseling, RMT is the final element that completes the package.
While the symptoms of a headache or muscle tension may be relieved temporarily with a pain killer – drugs won’t prevent a return visit. The life-enhancing benefits of RMT can be enjoyed by all ages in every level of fitness or injury. Well known for its ability to reduce stress and aid recovery, “the strength of massage therapy in preventing illness and conditions before they develop cannot be overlooked,” according to the Registered Massage Therapists’ Association of Ontario (RMTAO). “Massage therapy can be used in the treatment of both acute and chronic stages of conditions.”
Among the benefits attributed to professional massage therapy are:
- Relief from anxiety and depression
- Relief from headaches
- Relief from insomnia
- Improvement in quality of life for those living with/in:
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Asthma and Emphysema
- Kyphosis and Scoliosis
- Palliative Care
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (and other repetitive strain)
- Tendonitis, Arthritis & Bursitis
- Relief from muscle spasms and tension
- Relief from stress and stress-related conditions
- Quicker recovery from injury
- Support with pregnancy and labour
- Strains, sprains and dislocations
- Speedy post-surgical rehabilitation
- Improving joint mobility
- Improving circulation
- Improving immune-system strength
In good standing with the RMTAO, Crystal is able to provide receipts for reimbursement, as Massage Therapy is covered through most employee benefit packages. She works hand-in-hand with the rest of the Lifesource team to optimize mobility, alleviate pain, and improve circulation and immune-system strength while her clients journey to optimum health and fitness.
Crystal provides a superficial stress-reduction massage, and also uses her training to locate and address the root of problems through deep-tissue work. More often, she combines both to provide a balanced experienced.
Learn more about Crystal by clicking here.